Blogs Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Playoff Focus...


Hello everyone, I sincerely apologize that I have not posted anything in over months to keep you guys informed with what I have been up to but honestly the reason has been because I haven't been doing much other than the same routine to maintain through this process.  For a quick update we finished the regular season number 1 seed from here which gave us a bye in the first round which meant a whole week of practice in preparation to help us in our win last night. We are currently up 1-0 in this series in a relatively big win by 20+ margin. I personally had a decent game I am still finding my rhythm on the court as far as going to my old level of play.  I play much more smarter and poised now with all that I have been through to get to this point but I am still gaining my strength and confidence in my leaping ability. I did a fast break dunk off of one leg (Thank God) and my teammates acted like they saw a ghost lol I had to tell them that I didn't celebrate because before a year and so before that was the norm and more which I am fighting to return to. Other than that I have just been watching a lot of basketball, training and preparing myself for the opportunity to play on the summer scene to show off my regained strength. Thank you for reading this as always i know this post may not be that exciting but honestly I am taking the simple approach these days in maintaining an even keel of going about my business. I have to get my rest now because its back to the normal two a days Monday morning in a few hours 10am usually with the second practice at 730pm.  We have game 2 on the road Wednesday so that is my main focus right now. Practice is just to stay sharp for the big show (gamedays). All in all I cannot complain because I like my job if it was doing something else I am not sure if I could be this optimistic and motivated but its paying a sport that I love and that was taken away and now is back so I revalue everything these days.  It is human nature to feel as"Things can always be better" but I truly understand "they could also be much worse" so I am thankful for whatever opportunity God brings my way. Its time for me to sign off so until next time good people.

Peace & God bless.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment