Blogs Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Off Season? What is that...

Hello mates :-)
Photo Shoot at University of Maryland
I know its been a while since the last time you may have read a post from me. Unfortunately for the fans in my old city Prishtina, Kosovo we lost in the final game 5 of the Championship at home. I am a firm believer in that every experience is something learned. A quick update fast forwarded I have been just working hard to execute my plan to get seen during this off season.  I took a trip to Italy to participate in the Imola Summer League which was packed with coaches and basketball people alike in that country which is a respected league in Europe so that was a very important move to make. I came home and took a week and half off and went on the road again to perform for Australian coaches personally. If you are familiar with my story that was the place that I fell 2 years ago so they were very familiar with me and really wanted to see me moving again. Thankfully I played well in both camps even though it was an of season tournament but anyone that understands this business knows it is the most important tie to make an impact on scouts or whoever is looking for a player. I have been so busy during the weeks getting all my ducks in  a row in the few weeks I've been home. I had took a few trips with my daughter to NYC, Washington DC, & Philadelphia so that was beneficial for showing my 8 year old daughter  bit of culture because she loves that types of things (museums and monuments alike) I had my wisdom teeth pulled which had me down for the last two weeks, Participated in a new league called the Ball for the DC team, picked up a quick bag and reunited with my old teammates James Gist and DJ Strawberry which was a blast. Shout out to those guys. I love seeing my guys being successful in life. Congrats to my old roommate Nik Canner-Medley for signing with Maccabi TelAviv (Israel) that is huge for European basketball standards.
I'm personally continuing to play and get myself ready to impress in this upcoming season and waiting for the right fit team to play for because at the end of the day its all about making strategic moves and marketing besides the games. It's millions of players so what do you think you can make yourself relevant? that's the puzzle you must put together how to get on. That's the jewlz I share with the youth that consonantly ask me I say to stay in shape because the game is always searching for Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Players physically, Marketability and definitely "high character" non-trouble making people to fit into and organization.
Family Vacay to Statue of Liberty NYC
PS Congrats to my guy Kyle Oquin for getting drafted by the Orlando Magic and Kent Bazemore for getting picked up by the Golden State Warriors.  They are the home boys so I wish them the very best. Anyone who knows me personally can vouch that I have not a single hating bone in my body because I believe if one makes it we all do and each one teach one. So as one of the basketball ambassadors of my area and the love & support I've received coming up I must do the same and help uplift guys doing positive things. Life is too beautiful for any room for negative energy.

I am really just saying these things off the top of my head so forgive me if I forget something. If you follow me on Twitter I usually keep you guys informed at https://twitter.com/jgovereasy
or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/johngilchristhoops but that is the most times that I write online when I am by the internet. I love you guys so I try to keep you informed and thanks again for all of the feedback it is very much appreciated.
Until next time God is Good & Love is Love. Back to the Grind...
Peace
John

No comments:

Post a Comment