Blogs Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2 months into the grind... We outchea

Hello my people. Once again reporting live from Kosovo, formerly of Serbia that those who are unfamiliar with Europe by the way. Anyhow this is just an update to the folks that don't follow me on twitter (hint hint) lol or facebook to get the updates but if you are reading this post I'm pretty sure you do by now. I am safe here thus far.  I only had one incident with some rowdy disrespectful idiot fans were making racist remarks in the preseason and I had to check them but I have overcame that stumble across the road. We played about 10 preseason games and now the season is upon us. To be honest I am kinda hitting a wall from 2aday trainings here but I am fighting through it.  They say pressure makes diamonds well the pressure my body is under I hope it is VS1 at least VS2 quality after all that it is enduring.  Honestly its not much to say really. I made a vlog entry on my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/jgovereasy?feature=guide
a few weeks into being here and y'all can check that out here to see some of the sights but all in all its okay here. The weirdest thing of this living is the entire water supply in the city shuts off at 1030pm and comes back on in the morning at around 5am to conserve so that has taken getting used to. We have to rush home after our night practice.  The weather is starting to change so its making the living conditions better since we walk everywhere around town if we don want to chalk us euros for a taxi and that's our life. We train, practice, eat, rest, recover and back to training.  that's why I am here to do a job and that's my main focus.  i am getting to a point in my life that I have matured to be content with that.  I am not really home sick at all.  I realize that I am here to make a living save some money for the summer to take a vacation or whatever get my body and timing back to make a big push for the next season.
"I've learned that this profession, as in life, is all about stepping stones and improvement."
The people here have been very hospitable one of the team owners are affiliated with a delicious restaurant named PRN Arena that makes us two meals a day for breakfast I just whip something up before heading out the door besides taking all the my protein requirements and going on my day.

On a lighter noter: For fun I have found an playstation3 arcade that is a way to blow a few hours a day, I watch my online stream of my cable box in the states ,That keeps me current called 'Slingbox" (A must have), I also watch many online "Netflix" movies or sometimes I just take walks around town on long days or eat out with my teammate, or we hit this sports bar called "Filkaqa" that's pretty cool and they have chicken wings, stuffed potatoes skins and cheese sticks ya know bar food. I feel at home a little. lol
Me & friends watching Lakers/ Heat (NBA) at sports bar Filkaqa
Basically I am not here to go out for real and stuff like that mainly because I have turned a new leaf in life being more domesticated and also I have to conserve my body and mind for basketball. I can do whatever I like in my own environment with my friends but for here I am here to work and get the job done and I hear so many horror stories of guys being out of bounds (in foreign places) and getting jammed up over a petty fight or anything: I.E. my industry friend's Wil Bynum situation in Israel, that other Maccabi TelAviv (Israel) import that got stabbed, the guy Chauncy Hardy (R.I.P) that was gang attacked and died earlier this year in a Romanian bar as well countless other altercations and situations that never even hit the national newspaper.  I do not want to become one of those cases sometimes in life you have to learn from others mistakes instead of your own all the time. I'm here to feed my daughter and return to the level of play that people expect of me as well as continued maturity, leadership and professionalism campaign.

In Layman's terms:
"I'm just Focused man. That's all I am saying, Point blank, Period" lol

Lastly but not least as always I just wanna give honor to God, my family and continued support from you guys. love is love I'm doing okay out here guys and I am definitely improving day by day and week by week. As a wise man once said "Slow Motion is better than no motion"
Thanks for checking up on ya boy. One hunid, Peace and love.

Truly Yours,
John Gilchrist

1 comment:

  1. John - I'm really proud of my fellow Terp's terrific, mature and professional attitude. It will serve you well and let you extend your career further than you may think. Be safe, and enjoy the ride - be glad you still are able to play the game many of us love.

    PS - Do you think you'd be up a quick Q & A for a Terp blog where I'm about to start posting stories on former Terps and what they're up to? Thx

    ReplyDelete