Blogs Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hajde Prishtina! Hajde shkojme Prishtina!

Greeting friends, family & haters all the same... lol from Prishtina, Kosovo. "This is the day that the Lord has made we shall rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24
Hello I am reporting live right now from Europe and I cannot help in but grin from ear to ear when I think about the effort and uphill battle that I had to endure just to arrive here. With all that aside I would just inform you guys that I am safe and that I am vastly improving everyday and impressing the team, fans and teammates here.  As my tattoo on my right forearm phrase in Latin reads:

"Veni Vedi Vici"
(I came I saw I concurred) Also with a hand of Hamsa that protects from the eye of evil in some religions, I was introduced to it & various customs through my Judaism experiences in Israel. (History Lesson) Through my various travels & experience, That's honestly the name of the game in life for me really. I believe if you have to do whatever is required to succeed that's the necessary measures you must pursue.  I never thought I would be traveling the entire globe in search of my humble piece of pie but that's what it is at the moment and until I feel I cannot do this anymore.
Well for a brief synopsis of here its very very very cold like snow every other day and that can be a task getting up in the early morning and at night or anytime for that matter to go to work.  Sometimes you just want to stay in the covers all day but that's part of the grind that you have to embrace if you want to succeed also, professionalism. This is what I do so I decided that no matter what the condition are I will be tough and be a professional throughout the process, meaning being on time, with a good attitude and work hard as I can for the job requirements. With those types of qualities its no way that you can be defeated when people say positive things about your character. The first practice here I arrived I made it my point to impress in sprints, weight training & especially on court just to show everyone all of the rigorous training that I had done to get here and not to have any doubts of my fitness and dedication to my craft. ("First of all you must always gain the respect of your peers in order to become a Leader") Management, the coaching staff and teammates are good and that's refreshing because that is not always the case. The other American player that I share a apartment with is also cool so we made a pact to look out for each other and watch each others backs while we are here because we are both in a foreign place at the end of the day.
We have had five preseason games and our first official league game is on February 4th at home.  I am really looking forward to the real games so I can turn it up even more than I have showed thus far because it is a marathon and not a sprint race so I intend to only get stronger as the season progresses. The fans here have a reputation of being die heart so that is extra incentive to go out and impress them other than the sure love of the game. I believe if you are passionate about what you do, you should always want to put your best foot forward.

I am writing this kinda tired after 2 whole weeks of 2 a day practices and after 5 preseason games, so honestly it's not one of my best post but as always thanks for checking up on me. You can follow my journey on Twitter @jgovereasy , facebook search : John Gilchrist Hoops its all the same thing really.
I am in the process of getting the website up and running like it is supposed to be I am just busy with work at the moment so please bare with me.
 & Until next post Peace!!!


Thanks and God bless you all,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment