Blogs Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Patience is a Virtue

Hello world I felt I've been away too long without an update of whats going on with myself so I am giving a short synopsis.  I am in talks with various teams hopefully a certain coach in Australia for a SEBAL team may be a good step but since a lot of teams are hesitant to have me tryout which I understand in these days and times financial wise but I have really been using this time to train and get my legs stronger.  The talks of the lockout being lifted should shake the market up a bit as well. Honestly its more of a chess match than checkers anyway so to win you must make small steps to create the total outcome.  So that's all I have been doing is grinding and not worrying about what teams are going to offer because I am getting ready so that's all I can control or should focus on.  I can honestly say I can dunk the ball again without a problem.  I have not really pushed it to the limit in a dunking exhibition yet but I am in a week or so to show teams my athleticism that I am regaining and I am sure it will open some eyes of the doubtful recruiters. In the meantime I've been practicing with the high school guys at Atlantic Shores High School, playing in various Winter leagues and simply getting my legs back.  I have tried many different methods such as swimming, jogging on the beach sand ect...
Mt. Trashmore (VA Beach)
The secret killer is Mt. Trashmore!!!
It is a great analogy of this whole experience being an uphill battle to maintain my career. I cannot believe it took me to get older to really concentrate on the explosion part of my game. (Hopefully I can keep this regiment up & I will be able to pay for a long while) I have been viewing the D-League games on NBATV to scout the competition and see whats going on in that front to see if I may go that direction, and I noticed all the guards are crazy strong so I know that I have to get my bench press game up along with the leg training I have implemented.  My skill work will be there so I am not really worried about that so I am just enjoying this time with my family and getting mentally prepared to travel and return to work. I spent a memorable Thanksgiving with my family and it was cool so with the home stuff good I ca rest assure that y foundation is set and the support system is telling me I need to just focus on bringing home the bacon so all I do is train and spend time with them a win win in my eyes.  I am simply trying to get my pay back to the old scale that way I can have my wife live the year with me wherever we choose to travel.  If the Australia thing goes through it will be good from February until June then I will attempt do the Euro league exposure camp scene as I did a couple summers ago. That's about it for the quick update Happy Holidays by the way. Talk to ya later. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment