Blogs Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Sorry I've been away so long. Just been staying busy my Sincerest Apologies

Speaking Engagements & Summer Community Philanthropy
Hello to all here it is early August and I have been on the move since the last time I have posted anything.  To fastforward since leaving Szegeak, Hungary in Europe I was diagnosed with a small wrist procedure after playing in Barquisimeto, Venezuela for the Guaros. That was a good experience to test my skill level but I needed to cut the season short around March and get my cast on after the Dr fixed my chipped bone and ligament tear I was playing with in my shooting wrist that was effecting my shooting baskets from distance. I had the cast on for a month and half and after the rehab for 3 or 4 weeks I was back to shooting and getting my mojo back all in the hunt for a job next year.

" Personally In being Proactive On the business side of things, I actually sought out those guys and to play in a European camp in Las Vegas to try out for Courtside Global Management Agency to link up with a big company with vast contacts all through this profession."
I signed with those guys after they were convinced we can do business in this industry when I played for them live and they saw how I have bounced back from previous unfortunate injury bug. Special shout out goes to those I've done business with until this point but the politics in business sometimes trumps other factors to be in the right situation to succeed.
Playing in Under Armour Summer League

All that aside I must update you guys that I am back to my form after playing in various places all summer including a game versus other professional players on television called The-Ball hoops league that was based out of Washington, DC and it was a grand experience. 

"Special salute to Under Armour, all the sponsors ESPN3, Comcast Sports Channel and everyone involved for putting on a good showcase for true basketball consumers like myself."

I also went on vacation with my family to San Diego,California.  It's always great to broaden your horizons while  finding new adventures through travel and interacting with people. The best part is experiencing it with the people that you love.

So to say the least it has been a memorable summer and now it is still marketing time to land a good job with a team that will use my skill to help their organization. I have been through so much in this profession that the key is to have "Patience" Now I am pretty much playing catch up in my update sorry I cannot get into detail with all of my personal business but to those that ask me for advice and I know personally I will get back to you guys on my social media outlets: Facebook/jgovereasy , twitter @jgovereasy or Instagram. I am on as well just to stay current and with the people.  
Special salute to the kids that I train  in my hometown in Virginia. We all are just trying to get better as I try to share my tactics with the talents of the youth in my area. We have major colleges looking at our players and it's great to help people get to their destination by showing them the tricks to the trade and focus on efficiency.  We focus on strength training as well as stretching and all the things that a person needs to focus on. That's my mentality so I try to focus on the weaknesses to be ready for whatever the opposition throws at you.
  
Special Shout out to Larry Rubama for the great press article in Virginan Pilot and (training partner) Nadine Domond
 
Virginian Pilot Newspaper front page for the fans that still follow my career which is a blessing. Thank you all!

"I never do what I do in this industry and philanthropy work for praise because all praise goes to God but to make my family and community proud is always a good feeling. We are working over here. Until next time peace, love and happiness wishes to all."  


JohnGilchristHoops.com It's moving...

Yours Truly,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment